Knowing giving trends is essential for keeping your fundraising program fresh. This is especially true in a constantly-changing philanthropic space.
Understanding these trends is essential for you to adapt your strategies and identify areas for improvement. If you’d like my feedback on your adapted annual fundraising plan, send it to me here.
As researched by NPTECHFORGOOD.com, here are a few trends that directly apply to customizing your fundraising:
- 31% of worldwide donors give to organizations located outside of their country of residence
- Female donors are more likely to donate because of social media marketing, while male donors are more likely to give because of email messages
- 33% of donors worldwide give tribute gifts to family and friends
- 41% have donated to Crowdfunding campaigns
- Generational differences between donors can have considerable impacts, as well, as evidenced in the findings to the right
- 67% of worldwide donors also choose to volunteer locally in their communities, and 56% regularly attend fundraising events
- 14% of donors worldwide have created an online peer-to-peer fundraiser
- 41% give in response to natural disasters
- Social Media that most inspires giving: 56% FACEBOOK, followed by 20% INSTAGRAM.
- 92% of donors want you to have a plan to protect their contact information from data breaches.
What’s the Takeaway?
Donor giving and interest in philanthropy continues to grow worldwide, but your nonprofit must adapt its strategies to shifting demographic preferences.
Pursuing online events continues to be a smart move.
Boosting donor retention across both online and traditional donation methods should always be a priority. For more about monthly giving, see here.
How will you adapt to these giving trends? Please tell me on our blog.