Executive Associate to the President
ABOUT LAPA FUNDRAISING
LAPA Fundraising partners with nonprofit leaders to embrace development as a challenge that inspires rather than something to avoid. They provide the models, tools, and expertise to empower their clients to significantly increase revenues. LAPA takes nonprofits to the next level of advancement, and once successful, their clients experience transformational results. As a leader in the philanthropic community, LAPA represents nonprofits across the full spectrum of youth, culture, treatment and recovery, social services, behavioral health, community-based healthcare, and faith-based missions.
Capitalizing on 25 years of delivering results, LAPA is the only fundraising firm that tracks and publicly reports return on investment for each client. For each dollar invested in fundraising, clients exceed the gold standard of a three to one return on investment as defined by the Better Business Bureau. Funders know that when a client becomes part of the LAPA portfolio, they are serious about growth and development.
LAPA is committed to ensuring that all their employees are culturally competent, emotionally intelligent, and capable of providing counsel of the highest caliber. LAPA upholds a collegial environment, respecting and celebrating the variety of life experiences each employee brings to the firm, providing internal cultural awareness programs, and encouraging professionals of all backgrounds to consider career opportunities in philanthropy. LAPA also seeks to build partnerships with organizations that recognize the importance of promoting greater diversity within the philanthropic arena.
LAPA seeks to positively change the way nonprofit executives and their boards think about, plan, and grow their fundraising programs. LAPA serves as campaign, grant, and planning experts with clients across the country, around the world, and in every field of charitable activity. LAPA provides a full suite of fundraising services including grants management, feasibility, and planning
studies, annual funds, planned giving programs, major gifts, and campaigns.
LAPA helps nonprofit leaders embrace fundraising as a challenge that inspires rather than something to avoid. LAPA provides the models, tools, and expertise to empower their clients to significantly increase their revenues. LAPA takes nonprofits to the next level of achievement, and once successful, clients experience transformational results.
Culture + Values
LAPA provides high-quality fundraising services, working collaboratively as a team, encouraging current and prospective clients to identify, design, and implement successful fundraising efforts.
Practice Emotional Intelligence in Relationships: Honesty, openness, and frequent communication are central to the success of LAPA’s work. They honor what they say they are going to do, ensuring their internal and external stakeholders are informed and supporting their decisions and actions.
Social Justice Activists: Nonprofits are key to the creation of civil society and are unified in seeking social justice. Fundraisers, by extension, must be committed to that underlying desire to create a more just and equitable world.
Interventionists: LAPA seeks a new dimension on performance. Their practical approach is the intervening variable for change and the systems that support it.
Value Deep, Sustained Partnerships: LAPA seeks to be seen by their clients as an indispensable extension of their staff and board. LAPA volunteers and sponsors galas and events, modeling the role they ask of others.
Nimble: LAPA customizes their approach to fit the needs of their clients.
Instead of running through the same fundraising routine, they listen deeply to each client’s past experiences and future aspirations and customize a scope of service to fit the culture of their organization. If warranted, LAPA modifies their approach along the way.
Committed to Professional Development: LAPA seeks to support their staff as they grow in technical skills, leadership abilities, and aptitude for engaging with clients’ complex needs. They ask each staff member to have an annual written plan toward this objective and they work with each staff person to help them actualize their plan and access the resources they need to accomplish it.
Live by a Code of Ethics: As longtime members of the Association for Fundraising Professionals, the Grants Professional Association, and the American Prospect Research Association, LAPA strictly follows and adopts their code of ethics as their own, including the Donor Bill of Rights.
We seek an amazing Executive Associate to join the team of 20 “A player” consultants. For this role you will need to live within 30-minutes of upper Manhattan, you will need to be a highly organized administrative professional, and a great communicator and writer. Graduate-level education is highly preferred. This is a full time FTE equivalent position. On occasion, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends. Some travel is required.
As the President’s Executive Associate, you must stay five steps ahead of the President, tracking all administrative details and clearing the path ahead. Your role ensures that the President can continue to make the highest-level contribution required for the success of the firm. The President expects you to manage up, to anticipate the needs, allowing the President to develop vision and strategy in a pivotal growth moment for the firm.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on The President’s needs and the needs of the firm. The most important responsibility of the Executive Associate is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the President.
In this role you will also support the President by leading strategic projects and initiatives including conducting research, writing and preparing reports, presenting materials to clients, etc.
- Meeting management including preparing agendas and documents, taking notes, distributing action items, arranging catering, etc.
- Communicating on behalf of the President’s interests, internally and externally.
- Email management, both internal and external.
- Running errands and attending in-person meetings multiple times per week.
- Checking the mail and processing mail to various departments.
- Complex calendar management and scheduling on behalf of myself and in coordination with other team members.
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to: booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Project management and light finance responsibilities.
- You must be excellent at managing up, utilizing Monday.com to update the President on the status of various activities.
- Participate in daily check-in, weekly tactical, and monthly strategy meetings.
Quality Communication: You must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details.
- High Level of Discretion: You will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity is a must.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the President, you will also work with other members of the team. You will need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling the President to serve our firm and clients you will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible.
- Affinity for Technology: You will be a technologically savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Monday.com, Salesforce, QuickBooks, and Bill.com.
- Education: Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience: 2-5 years of experience in a personal assistant, executive assistant, or customer service role.
- Job Type: Part-time, with the opportunity for full-time employment with benefits in the second year.
- Job Type: Full time FTE, W2.
- Pay: Competitive Salary & Benefits.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Professional development assistance, Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com