Position Description: Marketing Associate
The Purpose of Your Role
At the highest level, your role as the Marketing Associate has three primary objectives: (1) To support our Associate Director of Marketing and Communications in the execution of our Marketing & Sales Strategy, (2) To implement processes and systems that allow the Marketing & Sales program to run more effectively and (3) To track impact of digital marketing strategies and recommend process improvements to achieve greater impact.
ABOUT LAPA FUNDRAISING
LAPA Fundraising partners with nonprofit leaders to embrace development as a challenge that inspires rather than something to avoid. They provide the models, tools, and expertise to empower their clients to significantly increase revenues. LAPA takes nonprofits to the next level of advancement, and once successful, their clients experience transformational results. As a leader in the philanthropic community, LAPA represents nonprofits across the full spectrum of youth, culture, treatment and recovery, social services, behavioral health, community-based healthcare, and faith-based missions.
LAPA is committed to ensuring that all their employees are culturally competent and emotionally intelligent. LAPA upholds a collegial environment, respecting and celebrating the variety of life experiences each employee brings to the firm, providing internal cultural awareness programs, and encouraging professionals of all backgrounds to consider career opportunities in philanthropy. LAPA also seeks to build partnerships with organizations that recognize the importance of promoting greater diversity within the philanthropic arena.
Culture + Values
LAPA provides high quality fundraising services, working collaboratively as a team, encouraging current and prospective clients to identify, design and implement successful fundraising efforts.
Practice Emotional Intelligence in Relationships:Honesty, openness, and frequent communication are central to the success of LAPA’s work. They honor what they say they are going to do, ensuring their internal and external stakeholders are informed and supporting their decisions and actions.
Social Justice Activists:Nonprofits are key to the creation of civil society and are unified in seeking social justice. Fundraisers, by extension, must be committed to that underlying desire to create a more just and equitable world.
Interventionists:LAPA seeks a new dimension on performance. Their practical approach is the intervening variable for change and the systems that support it.
Nimble:LAPA customizes their approach to fit the needs of their clients. Instead of running through the same fundraising routine, they listen deeply to each client’s past experiences and future aspirations and customize a scope of service to fit the culture of their organization. If warranted, LAPA modifies their approach along the way.
Committed to Professional Development:LAPA seeks to support their staff as they grow in technical skills, leadership abilities, and aptitude for engaging with clients’ complex needs. They ask each staff member to have an annual written plan toward this objective and they work with each staff person to help them actualize their plan and access the resources they need to accomplish it.
The Marketing Associate has the unique opportunity to interact with all aspects of LAPA’s marketing program.The ideal candidate is process-oriented, a top-notch copyeditor and, possibly, with graphic design skills that can keep up with details in a fast-paced environment.
Your role ensures the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications can continue to make the highest-level contribution for the success of the firm. This requires excellent project management skill to implement a robust marketing strategy.
- Content Development: Developing content for our social media and email channels using the Blog, and Founders thought leadership, is a key aspect of this role. You will be expected to design and execute engaging emails and thumbnails as well as making video edits.
- Content Management: You will be expected to design, monitor, and maintain a marketing content schedule using LAPA’s project management software, Monday.com, for performance tracking. You will use Buffer.com to schedule posts across all LAPA social media platforms.
- Audience Building: You will implement LAPA’s strategy for audience building across email, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. This includes list cleaning through Excel.
- Assist Production of Webinar Content: You will serve as a Production Assistant for LAPA’s webinar content.
- Weekly meetings: You will be expected to prepare materials for the weekly internal marketing meeting with the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Email Marketing: Overall, you are expected to think creatively about reaching LAPA’s target audience of nonprofit Executives serving agencies that have annual budgets between $5M and $50M.
- Process-Oriented & Systems Builder: You must apply critical thinking, technological and administrative skills to build and refine processes and systems that make the Marketing and Sales team more efficient and effective.
- Excellent Communication: You must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes producing and copyediting marketing materials for flow, clarity and appeal.
- Tech Savvy: Ability to adapt quickly to new tech platforms. Possess basic knowledge of key platforms related to marketing program, including Mailchimp, Microsoft Excel, WordPress, PandaDoc, Salesforce, Basic Video Editing Software, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
- Be Nimble: Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Content Creator: Although there will be supervision and guidance, the ideal person for this role has an eye for graphic design and experience creating engaging content.
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- How many years of Marketing experience do you have?
- Please list 2-3 dates and time ranges that you could do an interview.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org