SNAPSHOT: Senior Major Gifts Officer
Position Title: Senior Major Gifts Officer
Reporting To: Managing Director, LAPA Fundraising
Location: New York, New York
ABOUT LAPA FUNDRAISING
LAPA Fundraising partners with nonprofit leaders to embrace development as a challenge that inspires rather than something to avoid. They provide the models, tools, and expertise to empower their clients to significantly increase revenues. LAPA takes nonprofits to the next level of advancement, and once successful, their clients experience transformational results. As a leader in the philanthropic community, LAPA represents nonprofits across the full spectrum of youth, culture, treatment and recovery, social services, behavioral health, community-based healthcare, and faith-based missions.
Capitalizing on 25 years of delivering results, LAPA is the only fundraising firm that tracks and publicly reports return on investment for each client. For each dollar invested in fundraising, clients exceed the gold standard of a three to one return on investment as defined by the Better Business Bureau. Funders know that when a client becomes part of the LAPA portfolio, they are serious about growth and development.
LAPA is committed to ensuring that all their employees are culturally competent, emotionally intelligent, and capable of providing counsel of the highest caliber. LAPA upholds a collegial environment, respecting and celebrating the variety of life experiences each employee brings to the firm, providing internal cultural awareness programs, and encouraging professionals of all backgrounds to consider career opportunities in philanthropy. LAPA also seeks to build partnerships with organizations that recognize the importance of promoting greater diversity within the philanthropic arena.
LAPA seeks to positively change the way nonprofit executives and their boards think about, plan, and grow their fundraising programs. LAPA serves as campaign, grant, and planning experts with clients across the country, around the world, and in every field of charitable activity. LAPA provides a full suite of fundraising services including grants management, feasibility and planning studies, annual funds, planned giving programs, major gifts, and capital campaigns.
LAPA helps nonprofit leaders embrace fundraising as a challenge that inspires rather than something to avoid. LAPA provides the models, tools, and expertise to empower their clients to significantly increase their revenues. LAPA takes nonprofits to the next level of achievement, and once successful, clients experience transformational results.
Culture + Values
LAPA provides high quality fundraising services, working collaboratively as a team, encouraging current and prospective clients to identify, design and implement successful fundraising efforts.
Practice Emotional Intelligence in Relationships: Honesty, openness, and frequent communication are central to the success of LAPA’s work. They honor what they say they are going to do, ensuring their internal and external stakeholders are informed and supporting their decisions and actions.
Social Justice Activists: Nonprofits are key to the creation of civil society and are unified in seeking social justice. Fundraisers, by extension, must be committed to that underlying desire to create a more just and equitable world.
Interventionists: LAPA seeks a new dimension on performance. Their practical approach is the intervening variable for change and the systems that support it.
Value Deep, Sustained Partnerships: LAPA seeks to be seen by their clients as an indispensable extension of their staff and board. LAPA volunteers and sponsors galas and events, modeling the role they ask of others.
Nimble: LAPA customizes their approach to fit the needs of their clients. Instead of running through the same fundraising routine, they listen deeply to each client’s past experiences and future aspirations and customize a scope of service to fit the culture of their organization. If warranted, LAPA modifies their approach along the way.
Committed to Professional Development: LAPA seeks to support their staff as they grow in technical skills, leadership abilities, and aptitude
for engaging with clients’ complex needs. They ask each staff member to have an annual written plan toward this objective and they work with each staff person to help them actualize their plan and access the resources they need to accomplish it.
Live by a Code of Ethics: As longtime members of the Association for Fundraising Professionals, the Grants Professional Association, and the American Prospect Research Association, LAPA strictly follows and adopts their code of ethics as their own, including the Donor Bill of Rights.
As our Senior Major Gifts Officer, you will implement our clients’ major gift programs, focusing primarily on an annual giving plan or special campaign. You will be responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with the client’s existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors, have high emotional intelligence, and clearly communicate the client’s mission is key. You’ll be expected to energize client team members, persuade donor prospects, and persevere to reach our goals. Most crucially, you will be expected to have a pleasant and thoughtful style with our clients who will see you as the embodiment of our firm. On the job you will be tasked with identifying of new donors. For this, LAPA has a proprietary premiere donor analytics program that you would be asked to learn and use well.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Secure major gifts at the $25,000 to $500,000 level with the goal of raising $5 to $25 million annually.
- Help our clients accomplish their philanthropic goals and donor revenue ambitions.
- Conduct feasibility interviews either as a standalone phase or integrated into the initial discovery period of a campaign.
- Succinctly write your notes immediately following each donor meeting, documenting each in our database and management applications.
- Manage client systems and software to track and cultivate their donors and prospects.
- Manage and grow the client’s existing portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Guide the client’s board, executive team, and/or development department to align efforts and set goals.
- Create and implement moves management plans.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and lead the board and other staff with their solicitation (i.e., provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and bolster donor communications).
- Redesign the donor recognition program to acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
- Oversee multiple annual fund programs for several organizations.
- Track and report, both to the client and to the LAPA Managing Director, progress that use specific LAPA performance metrics.
LAPA’s vision of a successful candidate is an intelligent, self-motivated, and mission driven sales professional with a desire to continually exceed expectations. This individual must have a drive to “close the deal” with excellent communication skills and an ability to thrive in a results-oriented culture. Most importantly, the candidate must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic while also being respectful, friendly, and caring.
This Job Might Be for You If …
- People have asked if your middle name is “Fundraise.” You’re a true people person with an outgoing nature. You’re a self-starter and are driven by results.
- You have at least 10 years of nonprofit fundraising experience and have shown an ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet campaign objectives. You make donors feel valued because you’re sensitive to their needs.
- You are skilled at using donor databases, prospect research, and other wealth screening tools to aid in your moves management process. You proactively will seek support from LAPA’s Managing Director and Senior Development Associate.
- You can make and keep friends. You establish and maintain good working relationships throughout internal and external organizations and with outside constituencies.
- You have honed your writing and speaking skills and use them to compel individuals to action.
- People are inspired by your determination. You bring people in line with a vision and motivate them to reach goals.
- You excel at donor relations: being organized, prepared, detail-oriented and to follow through on promises.
- As a leader in the philanthropic community, LAPA represents organizations from a full spectrum of the non-profit sector. LAPA is committed to ensuring that employees are culturally competent and capable of providing counsel of the highest caliber. LAPA maintains a collegial environment, respecting and celebrating the variety of life experiences each employee brings to the firm, providing internal cultural awareness programs, and encouraging professionals of all backgrounds to consider opportunities in philanthropy. LAPA also seeks to build partnerships with organizations that recognize the importance of promoting greater diversity within the philanthropic arena.
- Staff and consultants are an integral part of LAPA’s core consulting strength, providing fundraising services and working collaboratively with LAPA executives and client leaders to identify, design, and implement successful fundraising efforts. Each consultant’s responsibilities will vary from project to project depending on the needs of our clients, providing exposure to many different opportunities for professional growth and experiential development.
Sample projects may include:
- Conducting qualitative research and analysis of our clients through review of their past fundraising performance, peer benchmarking, and interviews with organization’s executives, volunteer leaders, and donors.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of core strategic fundraising issues for clients.
- Developing work plans, timelines, and materials for campaign planning studies and development assessments.
- Preparing fundraising campaign materials, including strategic plans, operating materials, case statements, and major gift proposals.
- Developing campaign plans and design campaign strategies.
- Conducting in-depth prospect research.
- Crafting individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Preparing clear and compelling presentation materials.
- Generating creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations for fundraising advancement.
- Writing and delivering high-impact presentations and plans, often in a donor-centric voice.
- Developing independent work plans, perform data-driven analysis, and take ownership for significant portions of client projects.
- LAPA seeks talented professionals with fundraising experience as well as those with transferable consulting, communications, marketing, and strategic planning experience to join our dynamic team. Occasional overnight travel is a part of the job.
- LAPA invests in the training and development of its employees. While most of the training is on the job, all consultants attend formalized training throughout their time with us, starting with an extensive in- the-office program. A custom professional development plan is made for each staff person.
- Aspects of working for LAPA include a diversity of projects, relationships with leading non-profits and philanthropists, and performance-based career paths. LAPA offers competitive benefits, a dynamic training program, resources, career advancement, mentoring, and networking opportunities. Outstanding candidates bring a diverse background, an interest in philanthropy, and ambition to succeed in a rewarding career.
Other qualifications include:
- Philanthropic values and a commitment to service.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem-solving, and a keen business sense demonstrated in either a professional or academic environment.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively, planning all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence.
- The ability to temporarily relocate for regional assignments may be required.
- A competitive base salary plus extensive benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, and 401K.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at workstations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Education + Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced Degree MPA, MPH, MBA or JD preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org